This is so awesome.
Photographers of all skill levels are represented — established professionals, up and coming artists, and amateurs alike. The book is being published in three formats: (1) Print edition containing 193 photographs, (2) E-book containing the work of all 520 photographers, and (3) iOS mobile app, also containing all photographs in the project.
A Collectors’ Limited Edition of the Plus One Collection is available for purchase until Feb. 20, 2012.
A standard edition (fulfilled by Blurb) and the e-book version will be released on Feb. 21, 2012.
The best part? All net proceeds from the sales of the book will be donated to Kiva, a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty.
Go reserve your copy. It looks gorgeous and benefits a great cause!
Cool Facts About the Plus One Collection:
- Photographers contributing to the project are from four continents, representing 53 countries. Less than 50% are from the USA.
- Photographs in the book are just as diverse, representing all styles of today’s photography.
- The book’s editor and project manager is Ivan Makarov.
- Plus One was designed by a professional designer, Andy Lee, who volunteered his time to put the book together.
- A team of 11 photographers chose the images for the print edition. The PDF and mobile app will include ALL photographs submitted to the project.
- The total team working on the project consisted of 15 volunteers – none paid.
- You can find the Plus One Collection on Google+.
As you can see, there is a growing community of photographers on Google+ — are you a part of it? We’d love it if you’d add Shutter Mission to your circles and help us spread the word about portrait charities and photographers who love giving back.